John Coles Park awarded Green Flag for third year running
Chippenham Town Council has been awarded the Green Flag for the third time.
The Town Council received this prestigious award for John Coles Park and acknowledged the hard work and commitment from the Environmental Services team who ensure the park is a much-valued asset to the local community.
Feedback from the judge included “The park is a real credit to the Town Council and its staff. What a fantastic asset- a great visit thank you.”
The Green Flag Award® scheme recognises and rewards well managed parks and green spaces, setting the benchmark standard for the management of recreational outdoor spaces across the United Kingdom and around the world.
Purpose & aims
- To ensure that everybody has access to quality green and other open spaces, irrespective of where they live.
- To ensure that these spaces are appropriately managed and meet the needs of the communities that they serve.
- To establish standards of good management.
- To promote and share good practice amongst the green space sector.
- To recognise and reward the hard work of managers, staff and volunteers.