Volunteers' Week 1st - 7th June 2021
Volunteers’ Week is a time to say thanks for the contribution millions of people make across the UK through volunteering. Join us this year to recognise the fantastic contribution volunteers make.
Volunteers’ Week is supported and celebrated by small grassroots organisations as well as larger, household-name charities, who together run hundreds of activities across the UK. These activities showcase and celebrate volunteers and the contribution volunteering makes in our communities.
Volunteers’ Week 2021 is a time to say thanks. It goes without saying that volunteers have played a key role in the pandemic response. During an exceptionally difficult year, people from all walks of life around the UK have taken the time to volunteer and make a huge difference to their communities – just as they do every year. This is a time for us to come together and thank all volunteers for their invaluable contribution.
WHY IS VOLUNTEERING IMPORTANT?
As well as helping others, volunteering has been shown to improve volunteers' wellbeing too.
It’s human nature to feel good after helping someone out. Volunteering can also help you gain valuable new skills and experiences, and boost your confidence.
- In 2018/19, 19.4 million (36%) people volunteered through a group at least once a year and over 11.9 million (22%) of people did so at least once a month.
- The most common reason overall for volunteering is wanting to improve things or help people (42%).
- In 2019/20, there were around 163,000 voluntary organisations in the UK, most of which rely on volunteers.
- In 2017/18, the voluntary sector contributed £18.2bn to the UK economy. This is equivalent to about 0.9% of GDP.
- 67% of volunteers give their time to charities and community groups, but many others also volunteer in the public and private sectors.
To find out more about Volunteer's Week 2021 visit https://volunteersweek.org
VOLUNTEER AT CHIPPENHAM HOSPITAL RADIO
Chippenham Hospital Radio is a registered charity that is run by a dedicated team of volunteers who do everything from manage the charity to presenting a programme live on the radio.
During Volunteer's Week why not consider joining us as a volunteer?
For more information or to become a volunteer email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01249 456419.